Peppermint Ridge Farm is an eight hectare property nestled in bushland close to Bunyip State Park. It has been transformed since 1985 into a Living Classroom with a focus on sustainability, native food production and the value of Australia’s native plants in landscape design. Our vision is to establish a productive and sustainable approach to managing and caring for the land that will enhance and protect its biodiversity value. Our approach is based on a respect for the environment and an acknowledgement of the sophisticated land management practices of Indigenous people that are finally gaining recognition today.
As educators, we are also passionate about sharing our learning over 35 years of sustainable land management by welcoming visitors to the farm. To that end, we offer a wide range of Taste, Learn, See experiences.
- Check out the unique flavours and aromas at one of our native bushfood tour and taste lunches.
- Learn how to incorporate native bushfoods into your cooking at a Native Pantry cooking school class.
- Visit the nursery that stocks a wide selection of plants featured in our garden such as lemon myrtle, anise myrtle and mountain pepper
- Educational and informative experiences for community groups , schools, universities
Contact Us for more details or to discuss your visit.
We are involved with the following organisations and associations:
- ANFAB – Australian Native Foods and Botanicals
- Cardinia Food Movement